Yesterday I opened a new Q: The WPSE Plugin Repository.
After talking to @JanFabry & @Rarst in the chat, I want to ask you some Qs here.
The ideas behind it are the following:
1. Summon plugins created as Answers, so they don't get lost in the digital jungle
2. "Honor" the authors for their effort
3. Get a place that offers plugins that would hardly be found if they are not in the wp repo
4. Show what the community does over here (how much effort is invested into an Answer in comparison to other forum systems regarding wp)
1. Please go and add your plugins :)
3. The "wpse-plugin" tag itself doesn't add anything meaningfull for the original Q. So should it stay there, or not? Please add a small pro/contra list, so we can sum them and then decide (I'll update the Q after new Answers or ask another one).
4. Should the WPSE-/WA-Plugin Repo be a a) Community Wiki b) Meta Question or c) a normal Question? Same as for the tag: Please offer some pro/contra.
As you might read between the lines: I'm not sure about this myself and therefore open for discussion with any possible end. So feel free to add anything you think about the idea, the tag or else.